Mr P Calls P-Square’s 2021 Reunion “Fake”, Reveals Why He Never Wanted the Group Back

The long-running feud between former P-Square members Peter Okoye (Mr P) and Paul Okoye (Rudeboy) has taken another dramatic twist after Mr P publicly claimed that the duo’s widely celebrated 2021 reunion was never genuine.
In a series of emotional videos shared on Instagram, Mr P alleged that while he wanted to rebuild his relationship with his twin brother as family, he never intended to revive P-Square as a music group.
The singer also accused Rudeboy of repeatedly attempting to damage his reputation through interviews and public comments, saying he has finally decided to tell his side of the story after years of remaining silent.
Mr P Says He Is Done Keeping Quiet
The latest development comes shortly after Mr P apologised for his controversial comments about Nigerian languages, an issue that sparked widespread criticism online.
According to him, the backlash was later used against him by his brother, prompting him to stop staying silent.
In his Instagram post, Mr P said he was no longer interested in protecting anyone’s image while his own reputation continued to suffer.
He stated that he had endured years of public criticism without responding but had now reached his breaking point.
Before explaining his version of events, he urged fans to watch all the videos he shared instead of judging him based on only one side of the story.
Mr P Accuses Rudeboy of Repeated Public Attacks
As part of his post, Mr P included several old interview clips featuring Rudeboy.
In one video, Rudeboy claimed he had carried most of the workload during P-Square’s successful career.
Another clip showed Rudeboy stating during a radio interview that he wrote and produced 99 percent of P-Square’s music catalogue.
Reacting to those remarks, Mr P challenged anyone to produce a video where he had publicly attacked either Rudeboy, their elder brother Jude Okoye, or any member of their family.
He maintained that, unlike his brother, he had consistently chosen silence over public confrontation.
“The 2021 Reunion Was Fake”
Making his strongest allegation yet, Mr P claimed the brothers’ highly publicised reconciliation in November 2021 was only perceived by the public as a genuine reunion.
According to him, while the emotional embrace between the twins went viral, it did not represent a decision to bring back P-Square.
Instead, he insisted that he only agreed to restore peace within the family.
He vowed to reveal the full details behind what really happened during that period.
How the Reconciliation Began
Mr P narrated that the chain of events started while he was returning to Lagos from Atlanta on November 17, 2021.
During the flight, he received a message from his caretaker informing him that Paul had apologised to his wife, Lola.
He said repeated attempts to reach Rudeboy by phone were unsuccessful.
When he eventually arrived home, he found members of both their management teams waiting for him.
According to Mr P, Paul had earlier visited his house around 4 a.m., where he apologised to his wife.
He said Lola later encouraged him to accept the peace gesture and reconcile with his brother.
Following her advice, he visited Paul, hugged him, and that emotional moment quickly spread across social media, convincing many Nigerians that P-Square had officially reunited.
Family Reconciliation Was the Goal, Not P-Square
Mr P explained that after news of the reconciliation spread, family members and associates gathered at the house.
Their elder brother, Jude Okoye, also joined them after hearing they had settled their differences.
However, he claimed discussions about reviving P-Square only started the following day.
According to Mr P, Paul suggested they should focus on bringing the music group back together.
Mr P said he immediately rejected the idea.
He revealed that he made it clear he was only interested in restoring their relationship as brothers and was not prepared to return to P-Square.
According to him, he told Rudeboy that although they had reconciled as family, the music group remained in the past, adding that perhaps things could change sometime in the future.
Fresh Claims Add Another Chapter to the Okoye Family Rift
Mr P’s latest revelations have added another chapter to the years-long conflict involving the Okoye brothers.
Although the twins have reunited and separated multiple times over the years, their latest public exchanges suggest that unresolved issues continue to strain their relationship.
With Mr P promising to reveal even more details about what happened behind the scenes, fans are now waiting to see whether Rudeboy will respond to the allegations or share his own version of events.
The renewed dispute has once again placed one of Nigeria’s most successful music duos at the centre of public attention, reigniting conversations about the real reasons behind P-Square’s repeated breakups.



